Definition of Surveys and its importance in scientific research
Questionnaire variety of questions that are related to some of them some way that achieves the goal sought by the researcher through the problem posed by Bgesh.oearsl questionnaire by mail or in any other way to a group of individuals or institutions chosen by the researcher for consideration to be packaged and then returned to the researcher.
The number of questions that it contains sufficient and adequate to achieve the objective of the questionnaire research regardless of their number.
Steps completion of the questionnaire:
1. select the desired goals of the work of the questionnaire in the light of the research topic and his problem and then select the data to be collected and information.
2. translation and conversion goals into a series of questions and inquiries.
3. The selection questionnaire and tested on a limited group of individuals identified in the research sample to give their opinion on the quality in terms of understanding and inclusiveness and significance as well as the
quantity and adequacy to collect the required information on the subject of research and problem in the light of comments received by it can modify the questions form that gives good returns.
4. design and write the questionnaire in its final form and copy the required numbers.
5. Distribution of the questionnaire, where the choice of the best way to distribute and send the questionnaire after identifying persons and bodies chosen as a sample for examination.
6. Follow-up to answer the questionnaire was a researcher needs to emphasize a number of individuals and agencies in completing the answer to the questionnaire and return it may need to send another copy of it especially if you lose some.
7. assemble copies distributed the questionnaire to make sure the arrival of new versions of them. They have to collect 75% or more of the required answers to be sufficient to analyze the information.
Types of questionnaire:
There are 3 types of questionnaires and understanding the nature of the questions, which include the:
1. CSS questionnaire: that he be specific answer questions if the answer is yes or no.
2. Open the questionnaire: These are non-specific questions to answer any be answered openly left to express an opinion, such as: What are your suggestions for the development of the university?.
3. Open the closed questionnaire: This type need some specific answers to his questions and others are open to the example of the answers:
• What is your assessment of university services (Closed) good medium weak
• If the medium or weak What is your suggestion to develop them? (Open)
It is clear that the enclosed questionnaire be better for both the researcher and the person answering them for several reasons:
• Easy answer and do not need to think about complex
• Quick answer and do not require much effort.
• Easy to assemble and information collected from questionnaires distributed Tab 30% yes and 70% no
• But the researcher may have to mention some open-ended questions to his lack of knowledge in the mind of the respondents but recent trends in design and write the questionnaire determine the answers even for some of the questions that are open-ended in nature
Example: What are the programs you prefer to see in the TV?
Instead of individual bewildered in his answers and name of the types of programs left in the researcher identifies those species after question directly
• Programs lyrical lyrical programs
• cultural programs of foreign programs
• Other programs of political programs (please mention them)